1. Having a blog helps you create more content on your site, which often leads to more pages showing up in Google search results.
2. Every new blog post is a potential source for inbound links to your site.
3. Blogs give you a platform to speak directly to your customer.
4. Blogs are a place to publish content that solves problems of your buyer persona (the types of people who are likely to buy your product)
5. Blogs allow you to cover a wide range of topics related to your industry, which takes advantage of the long tail effect in Google searches (About 75% of searches are for unpopular phrases).
6. Blogs encourage direct feedback from your customers.
7. Blogs encourage you to think deeply about your field and continuously learn so you can write insightful articles.
8. Blogs allow you to give free gifts (in the form of valuable content) to potential customers which can develop a relationship with the potential customer.
9. Each blog post is a potential landing page for potential customers to learn more about your company.
10. By frequently updating your blog, Google will send its search bots to your site more often. Google often favors sites with constantly updated and fresh content.
11. Blog articles, when written in a casual voice, can show customers that there are real people behind the company and it’s not just a soul-less corporation.
12. Business websites that blog tend to get more traffic to their site. See Study Shows Small Businesses That Blog Get 55% More Website Visitors
Can you share additional reasons why every business should have a blog?
Article republished from the Sparkplug Digital blog